NURSERY HOME LEARNING IDEAS AND ACTIVITIES – PLEASE ALSO CHECK ON OUR BLOGS POSTS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR OTHER ACTIVITIES AND SUGGESTED WEBSITES
Welcome to Heathrow’s Home Learning Page
Hello nursery children, on this page are stories to listen to, things to think about and ideas for you to do at home until we can meet together in nursery.
Information for parents and carers
Outlined below are some activities and experiences for your child to try this week. This is a challenging time for everyone, families are faced with different pressures on time, space, and resources, so please try as many, or as few, of the activities as you feel able or want to do.
Activities will be set weekly so you can plan the week ahead, we have also tried to include experiences you can do together during your daily walk or exercise time. We know nursery aged children will need support to access these activities but please encourage your child to re-watch story videos or clips as often as they like, as repetition is really important. Please do involve brothers and sisters or family members who are part of your bubble, this will support you and help your child too.
Young children thrive on first-hand experiences alongside their peers, so an online offer for young children is always going to be a challenge, but we have tried to replicate a number of elements of the nursery provision by
- Prioritising access to stories- this will include different stories read and recorded by members of the nursery team for your child to listen to every day. (see bottom of this page)
- A focused text – this will include a story recorded by the nursery teacher and linked tasks each designed to encourage your child to listen and respond to stimulus, talking about or representing their ideas.
- A maths problem – this will be linked to either number, shape, space or measure, designed to stimulate children’s interest in problem solving and representing their emerging mathematical thinking.
- An investigation – this will link to children’s emerging understanding of the world around them and could include an experiment for children to watch, comment on or replicate.
- A cooking session – this will include a video of something to try and cook together at home.
We would love to see any drawings, pictures, models, videos, dances and songs so please up load them to Evidence Me. Your key worker will be regularly logging on to Evidence Me and commenting on your child’s work.
In addition, we will be celebrating everything you are doing at home during this period, on a working wall when we return to nursery, so please keep original drawings and photos so we can display them. If you have any difficulties with Evidence Me or cannot access it please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Story time is something your child may enjoy, so we really encourage you to keep reading books at home. Children can also listen to stories online at:
Last year for World Book Day, Rob Biddulph, an author and illustrator, visited Bounds Green and did an amazing workshop for our key stage one children. He is doing really amazing online art activities for children. Click the link below:
We also have some great experiments for those budding scientists, and all only using things you’d have at home!
Booklet for Families Kitchen Sink Science
Please see our latest Curriculum Map for Nursery:
Curriculum Map EYFS 2019-20
Please check our blog squares below for more suggested websites and activities.
Click on the arrow in the top right hand corner for more blogs!